Events and Operations Coordinator
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking an Events and Operations Coordinator to oversee the entire life cycle of the organization’s external and internal events. CEE’s three annual high-profile external events serve the needs of the organization by enabling collaboration and networking among electric and natural gas utilities, environmental advocates, national laboratories, federal government agencies, and companies developing high efficiency products and services. The Events and Operations Coordinator will be responsible for all stages of planning, onsite execution, and follow-up that enables the organization to meet the goals set for in-person meetings. The Events and Operations Coordinator will also provide administrative support to develop strategic agendas for these events. Internal events supported by this position include trainings, retreats, and staff meetings.
- Manage all logistics to execute seamless Meetings, including food and beverage menus, event space setups, audio visual specifications, social events, delegation of staff responsibilities, development of print materials, shipping of all materials, room blocks, and onsite coordination with hotel event staff.
- Perform all tasks related to the sourcing of CEE event locations, including RFP preparation, hotel bid comparison, risk analysis, and facilitating contract negotiation.
- Coordinate topic development, timelines, copyedit, and publish final event agendas in cooperation with the Deputy Director.
- Establish timelines, create content, manage lists and monitor results for event marketing campaigns in cooperation with the Manager of Strategic Communications.
- Build and manage all pages hosted in CEE’s member-only extranet to communicate necessary event information and facilitate registration.
- Provide regular reports to keep staff informed of registration trends, the success of promotional campaigns, and attendee survey responses.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Administration to execute events on-budget. Review, reconcile, and process invoices following each event.
- Coordinate logistics and agendas for internal events, including all-staff meetings, weekly managers meetings, and staff retreats.
- Support internal CRM, Marketing, and CMS IT solutions.
- Other administrative duties as assigned, including note taking and responding to external inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of experience managing corporate events; experience managing events in an association or non-profit setting is a plus.
- Strong project management, organization, and time management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities as meeting deliverables evolve.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities, including the ability to address the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders simultaneously.
- Strong people skills, service orientation, and the capacity to delegate and manage event deliverables across teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Acrobat, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Aptitude or experience with building and managing web content.
- Willingness to travel for at least three domestic meetings per year.
- Experience with integrated CRM, marketing, and CMS solutions a plus.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
The CEE Office is located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton MA. This facility offers many amenities including a full-service cafeteria and a fitness center and is convenient to I-95, Rt. 1, and Rt. 128.
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position, qualifications, and relevant work experience
Please send application materials via e-mail to Lisa Tran at email@example.com, noting the location you found this posting, as well as including the job title and your name in the subject line; for example, “John Smith—Events and Operations Coordinator.”
You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.