The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) seeks a professional with a proven track record in developing and executing strategic communications to lead its communication function. The successful individual will have a history of increasing responsibility across a range of communications functions that relate to strategic assessment, executive level messaging, tactical execution, branding/brand management, and familiarity with related IT systems.
CEE is a consortium of organizations across the US and Canada that are entrusted to invest $7 billion annually to advance important public purpose objectives that include environmental impact, financial savings and energy system effectiveness. Through a managed process that identifies the highest priority, consensus market opportunities of the membership that uniquely require scale, the organization leverages its extensive reputation and established relationships with major industries to accelerate market change to the benefit of society, rate payers, and stakeholders alike. CEE is an award-winning organization, instrumental in driving efficiencies for mass produced products since its incorporation in 1991. Successes include step changes in product efficiencies for refrigerators, clothes washers, industrial motors, water heaters, heating and cooling products, and lighting, among others. To get out ahead of the new digital economy, the organization has identified a consensus framework to leverage new communication and computing capabilities to serve the serious obligations of regulated utilities and others entrusted to serve the public good. CEE’s Manager of Strategic Communications will be a critical player in realization of this vision.
- Develop and execute a strategic marketing/communications plan managing across internal teams and delivering to multiple external audiences, stakeholders and customers
- Develop business-driven annual communications planning processes, rooted in proactive and critical assessment of the regulatory environment, programmatic direction, reputational risks, and priority business objectives
- Build a highly-effective communications function serving corporate goals and objectives, integrating with staff across non-communications functions
- Lead message development strategy for high-stakes, high-profile executive presentations to Boards, regulatory agencies, or the like
- Increase employee understanding and awareness of the company Vision by supporting the execution of an employee communication strategy, inclusive of all internal managers and staff
- Develop an Annual Report
- Effectively manage a leadership brand, onboarding and brand building for the organization involving the Board and other key audiences reinforcing CEE’s extension of social compact, credibility, seriousness, and reliable partner
- Develop and execute communication programs to support critical business decisions that could include reorganization, announcements of major business partnerships, and messaging to the Board
- Attend creative and informative company meetings
- Lead communications campaigns, develop/disseminate effective collateral
- Maintain web resources, intranet resources, videos, and social media channels
- Support the Executive Director or Senior Leadership in her/his responsibilities
- Enhance effectiveness of the communications function by establishing accountability, facilitating creativity, implementing communications best practices, and providing ongoing leadership and insight to the staff
- Serve as the developer of employee publications, managing the planning, writing, and production of internal communications
- Establish and maintain an organizational book of terms of significance and manage effective use throughout organizational communications
The successful individual will be a highly effective leader with a track record of accomplishment that includes development and execution of strategic marketing/communication plans and the architecture and maintenance of the associated support systems. The individual will have a proven reputation as a business partner in a sophisticated role with broad understanding of complex strategic business issues, the external environment, and marketing/communications best practices.
- Master’s Degree (Communications, Marketing, or related field) and 5+ years of relevant and progressively more responsible communications experience
- Excellent communicator
- Strong organizational and project planning skills with a proven track record of integrated implementation and execution for a complex business with multiple individuals involved
- Combined strategic planning and communications expertise with a history of effective implementation in a professional setting
- IT familiarity to develop and execute communications solutions
- Critical thinker with ability to compellingly represent performance against success metrics internally, and then in aggregate for organizational value representation
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
The CEE Office is located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton MA. This facility offers many amenities including a full-service cafeteria and a fitness center and is convenient to I-95, Rt. 1, and Rt. 128.
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position, qualifications, and relevant work experience
- Writing sample, five pages maximum, that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills
Please send application materials via e-mail to Lisa Tran at email@example.com, noting the location you found this posting, as well as including the job title and your name in the subject line.
You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.